In this episode of New Ideal Live, Onkar Ghate And Ben Bayer talk about the Ayn Rand Institute’s approach to promoting Rand’s ideas in the face of cultural opposition, and what is needed to change people’s mind on important philosophical issues.
Among the topics covered:
- Why changing minds is important;
- ARI’s long-term mission of changing the culture’s philosophical ideas, as inspired by Ayn Rand’s view of the importance of philosophy;
- Why it’s important to speak up about important issues of the day;
- Why knowing one’s audience is important to persuasion;
- ARI’s approach to some key current issues: the pandemic, the right to abortion, and racism;
- Why persuasion requires presenting a positive philosophical alternative.
Mentioned in the discussion is Ayn Rand’s essay “What Can One Do?” from her book Philosophy: Who Needs It.
This podcast was recorded on December 9, 2020. Watch or listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.