In this episode of New Ideal Live, Onkar Ghate, Elan Journo, and Nikos Sotirakopoulos discuss the global protests in support of the Palestinian cause. They look at the philosophical motives of these protests and the nature of their moral bankruptcy, and they explain why the “anti-war” movement actually enables warfare and destruction.
Among the topics covered:
- The protesters’ lack of positive goals;
- Nihilism as the driving motive behind the protests;
- How “anti-war” movements have historically dismissed the fundamental moral questions about war;
- Why any “anti-war” movement that does not oppose dictatorship is necessarily pro-war;
- How collectivism causes the callousness of the pro-Hamas activists;
- The nihilistic nature of the ideology of egalitarianism;
- Why outlawing support of Hamas would require moral clarity on a policy level;
- The right to refuse to deal with or support Hamas apologists.
The podcast was recorded on October 25, 2023. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.