In this episode of New Ideal Live, Dan Schwartz and Nikos Sotirakopoulos discuss the significance of Dr. Peter Attia’s new book Outlive and challenge some common arguments against life extension.
Among the topics covered:
- Why we should care about extending our lives and our health;
- How Peter Attia’s book fits into and changes the debate on life extension;
- Why the egalitarian argument against life extension is wrong;
- Why the “limited natural resources” argument against life extension is wrong;
- Why the “boredom,” “urgency” and “quality of life” arguments against life extension are wrong;
- Why the “glut of the able” argument against life extension is wrong;
- Why the “case against perfection” argument against life extension is wrong;
- How arguments against life extension are motivated by fear and not valuing life;
- What would James Taggart’s response be to life extension?
The podcast was recorded on July 27, 2023. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.