In this episode of New Ideal Live, Elan Journo and Onkar Ghate discuss Amazon’s pushback against Elizabeth Warren’s threats to break up the company.
Among the topics covered:
- The persecution, under-appreciation and demonization of tech companies;
- Amazon’s unusually courageous challenges to Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren’s threats of regulation;
- What’s wrong with the reactions to Amazon’s tweets;
- The danger of companies’ acceptance of the moral framework of their enemies;
- What it would look like for companies to stand up for themselves;
- What it really means to call for the “breakup” of a company;
- When it’s appropriate for companies to apologize, and when it’s not.
Note: Due to technical issues, sound and video become choppy approximately 45 minutes in, and the stream ends more abruptly than normal.
This podcast was recorded on April 7, 2021. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.