In this episode of New Ideal Live, Ben Bayer and Aaron Smith answer questions, submitted by podcast viewers, about Ayn Rand’s philosophy of Objectivism.
Some of the questions addressed include:
- Why was Ayn Rand opposed to Robin Hood?
- What’s mistaken about the idea that the universe was created?
- Is it morally acceptable to lie to someone in order to throw them a surprise party?
- What is Objectivism’s position on the psychology and morality of homosexuality?
- How should you think about voting in an election where there are no good choices?
Some of the resources mentioned during this Q&A session include Ayn Rand’s essay “The Objectivist Ethics” and Leonard Peikoff’s course Understanding Objectivism.
This podcast was recorded on August 19, 2020. Watch or listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived web episodes here.
SUPPORT ARI: If you value the ideas presented here, please become an ARI Member today.