In this episode of New Ideal Live, Onkar Ghate, Aaron Smith and Agustina Vergara Cid answer questions about Objectivism submitted by Objectivist Academic Center students and the audience.
Among the topics covered:
- Question 1: What is the value of being certain?
- Question 2: Why should arbitrary hypotheses be rejected?
- Question 3: How are knowledge and principles contextual, and how is this not pragmatism?
- Question 4: What is the difference between Objectivism, absolutism and moral relativism?
- Question 5: Does a man have a right to his own death?
- Question 6: Why did Ayn Rand turn against Ronald Reagan?
- Question 7: What does Ayn Rand mean by a “mystic”?
You can apply for the Objectivist Academic Center here, and sign up for the OAC Preview summer seminar here.
This podcast was recorded on June 16, 2021. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.
If you’d like to ask a question to be answered on a future episode, please send an email with “Podcast question” in the subject header to email@example.com.