In this special episode of New Ideal Live, Onkar Ghate, Elan Journo, and Boaz Arad offer the Ayn Rand Institute’s response to the invasion of Israel on October 7, 2023 by Hamas, the Palestinian Islamist militant group based in the Gaza Strip.
Among the topics covered:
- Facts about the Hamas invasion (timeline, casualties, ongoing threats);
- Why the invasion was a predictable consequence of moral agnosticism about Hamas;
- Why U.S. foreign policy is responsible for pressuring Israel to appease Hamas;
- How Israel’s appeasement constitutes “the sanction of the victim”;
- Why the moral corruption of our foreign policy is an application of the evil of altruism;
- The evasion of the difference between the ideas that animate both sides of this conflict;
- The insincerity of calls for Israel’s restraint in the name of peace.
Mentioned in this podcast and relevant to the discussion was Elan Journo’s book, What Justice Demands, and other ARI resources on the Israel, Palestine, and the Middle East.
The podcast was recorded on October 7, 2023. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.