In this episode of New Ideal Live, Nikos Sotirakopoulos and Mike Mazza discuss the emergence of the manosphere. They explore issues such as why it appeals to young men seeking guidance, how it reflects the best and worst elements of our intellectual culture, and what a positive philosophical alternative requires.
Among the topics covered:
- Defining the manosphere;
- Its devolution from a self-help movement to a player in the culture wars;
- How the manosphere appeals to young men deprived of philosophical guidance;
- The deterministic and authoritarian tendencies of today’s manosphere;
- The toxicity of encouraging young men to adopt tribalism and rationalizations about their own failures;
- Why a positive alternative to the manosphere should be more philosophical.
The podcast was recorded on January 4, 2024. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.