In this episode of New Ideal Live, Onkar Ghate and Elan Journo discuss the Biden administration’s recent prisoner swap with the Iranian regime and how it reflects the delusional attitudes and non-objective thinking that lead to America’s continuous foreign policy failures with regard to Islamic totalitarianism.
Among the topics covered:
- The details of the prisoner swap;
- The often delusional attitude of American policymakers toward Iran;
- How the media has failed in its responsibility to question the Biden administration’s policies on Iran;
- How the nature and history of the Iranian regime pertain to the current situation;
- The importance of understanding the Iranian regime’s role in the broader Islamist movement;
- How a refusal to think in principles and consider the wider context has caused repeated foreign policy failures;
- Why the return of this pre-9/11 mentality bodes poorly for America’s future foreign policy;
- The threat Iran poses today.
Mentioned in this podcast and relevant to the discussion is the book Failing to Confront Islamic Totalitarianism: What Went Wrong After 9/11, edited by Ghate and Journo, and Journo’s book What Justice Demands: America and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.
The podcast was recorded on August 31, 2023. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.