In this episode of New Ideal Live, Agustina Vergara Cid interviews Amesh Adalja, a well-known expert on pandemic preparedness, about the fight against the pandemic in the U.S. and around the world.
Among the topics covered:
- Evidence of the safety of the Covid-19 vaccines available in the U.S.;
- Whether reaching “herd immunity” is relevant to ending the current pandemic;
- What explains the recent CDC guidelines about masks;
- “Breakthrough infections” among the already vaccinated;
- Covid outbreaks overseas and U.S. measures to help contain them;
- Recent and upcoming developments with vaccines;
- The story of the development of mRNA vaccines;
- Whether travel bans help prevent the spread of viruses like Covid;
- Lessons from South Korea’s and Taiwan’s approaches to the pandemic;
- How to evaluate medical experts.
Mentioned in the discussion are Amesh Adalja’s recent article “With vaccinations on the rise, Covid-19 testing takes on a new role” and Onkar Ghate’s white paper, “A Pro-Freedom Approach to Infectious Disease.”
This podcast was recorded on May 19, 2021. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.