In this episode of New Ideal Live, Elan Journo, Onkar Ghate, Nikos Sotirakopoulos, and Tal Tsfany discuss the recent developments in the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas. They assess the cultural significance of Hamas’ aggression and methods, the theocratic nature of the movement, and how Western reactions have been either impotent or, worse, encouraging violence against Israel.
Among the topics covered:
- What makes Hamas’ aggression tragically significant;
- Tsfany’s experience of how the conflict has drastically escalated over the last decades;
- How terrorism became a deliberate strategy of the Palestinian movement;
- How U.S. leaders evaded the religious nature of Hamas;
- The Biden Administration’s lack of moral clarity;
- The fact that Hamas and its Western apologists share the same irrational ideas;
- The academic rejection of capitalism as proof of their destructive motives;
- What a Hamas government would look like if it wiped out Israel;
- The Iranian protesters as the only real hope for positive change in the Middle East;
- Whether Hamas can be completely separated from the Palestinian people.
The podcast was recorded on October 11, 2023. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.