In the Orange County Register, I have a new op-ed titled: “After Israel’s ‘Pearl Harbor,’ nothing less than victory against Hamas is demanded.” I argue that Israel needs to rethink the moral assumptions that have long prevented it from fully defending the lives and freedom of its population, in the face of the Islamist threat from Hamas. New Ideal will reprint the article in the coming days.
A few updates on our ongoing response to the Hamas war on Israel:
- In another article, published earlier this week, I argued that the savagery of Hamas flows directly from the nihilism at the core of the Palestinian cause.
- The Kindle edition of What Justice Demands: America and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict reached the #5 position in Amazon’s bestseller ranking for “Political Freedom.” All royalties from this book support ARI, and if you find it valuable, please spread the word and leave a review.
- The book sold out in hardcover, but it has been published today in paperback. You can also listen to it on Audible.
- We’ve just released “The Left’s Long War on Israel,” by my colleague Nikos Sotirakopoulos, from this year’s Objectivist Summer Conference. This talk provides important background for understanding some of what we’re seeing today.
- I took part in a briefing by Maj. Gen. Giora Eiland (ret.) via Zoom, who analyzed Israel’s strategic options. Following his presentation, I had the opportunity to offer a distinctively Objectivist moral analysis of the situation. You can watch it here.
- Our video content on the war, which is now collected in a YouTube playlist, will continue next week, with supplemental podcasts. Stay tuned.
Finally, a note to ARI’s supporters: you make all of our work possible. Thank you.
Image: Anadolu Agency via Getty Images