In this episode of New Ideal Live, Ben Bayer interviews Onkar Ghate, ARI’s chief philosophy officer, and Amesh Adalja, an infectious disease expert, to discuss Ghate’s recent paper “A Pro-Freedom Approach to Infectious Disease.”
Some of the topics covered:
- Why government’s role in protecting liberty includes the function of containing infectious disease
- Why individuals should be free to choose precautions according to their own risk tolerance
- International role models for proper political and cultural response to infectious disease
- The specific legal changes needed to both guide and constrain government decisions during a pandemic
- Why lockdowns are unjustifiable, even in the face of uncertainty about the spread of infectious disease
This podcast was recorded on June 24, 2020. Watch or listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived web episodes here.
SUPPORT ARI: If you value the ideas presented here, please become an ARI Member today.
Share this article: