In this episode of New Ideal Live, Ben Bayer talks with Amesh Adalja, a well-known expert on pandemic preparedness, about the latest developments in the Covid-19 pandemic.
Among the topics covered:
- Why there are outbreaks in many parts of the country right now;
- How individuals can change their behavior to combat the virus;
- The latest antibody treatments, including those recently administered to President Trump;
- Prospects for the availability of rapid at-home tests;
- Whether or not masks are effective at containing the spread of the virus;
- Updates on the development of a vaccine;
- What to make of the case of Sweden, where no lockdowns where imposed.
Mentioned in the conversation were Dr. Adalja’s article “COVID19: A Path Forward,” Onkar Ghate’s white paper “A Pro-Freedom Approach to Infectious Disease,” and Ben Bayer’s article “The FDA Mandates Ignorance about Covid-19.”
This podcast was recorded on October 7, 2020. Watch or listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived web episodes here.