In a panel discussion at Dartmouth College called “Are We Killing Free Speech?,” ARI’s Onkar Ghate appeared with ex-Muslim activist Yasmine Mohammed and talk show host Dave Rubin to discuss current free speech controversies. In a wide-ranging, hour-long discussion, the panelists touched on such issues as:
- The one-sided, leftist education delivered by most university faculties
- The fear of speaking out experienced by college students with unpopular opinions
- America’s failure to respond properly to the Rushdie affair, the Danish cartoons crisis and other Islamist threats to free speech
- How Christianity and Marxism have fostered today’s widespread victim mentality
- The spectacle of leftists fetishizing Muslim oppression of women
- The relationships among identity politics, racism and tribalism
- The motives of those promoting removal of Confederate monuments
- The valid meaning of the “melting pot” metaphor
- Multiculturalism: code word for anti-Americanism
- Is America basically Judeo-Christian or a nation of the Enlightenment?
- How respect for religion obstructs rational analysis of the Islamist threat
- What history tells us about the relation between religion and violence
- Trump’s denouncement of NFL teams who tolerate national anthem protests: free speech or veiled threat?
Join the conversation. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.