In this episode of New Ideal Live, Elan Journo interviews Nick Deiuliis, president and CEO of CNX Resources, about the shale revolution. From his insider perspective, Deiuliis describes the transformation in the U.S. energy industry that dramatically increased domestic production of oil and natural gas.
Among the topics covered:
- How Deiuliis became involved in the energy industry;
- The technological developments (horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing) that created the shale revolution;
- Why natural gas has a better risk-reward profile than solar and wind energy, as well as coal;
- How Europe’s anti-fossil fuel policies create a dependence on and embolden countries like Russia and China;
- Ongoing regulatory and social pressure campaigns that stifle the growth of the natural gas industry;
- The meaning of Deiuliis’s statement, “To be anti-carbon is to be anti-human.”
Deluliis is on Twitter.
The podcast was recorded on April 6, 2022 and was broadcast on April 21, 2022. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.