In this episode of New Ideal Live, Onkar Ghate and Aaron Smith discuss major life lessons that we can learn from Ayn Rand. The discussion was held on the occasion of Rand’s birthday.
Among the topics covered:
- Rand’s conviction that business is a moral activity;
- Why not all businessmen live up to the essence of their profession;
- The moral radicalism of Rand’s view of business;
- Rand’s portrayal of career as a source of joy;
- Rand’s unique view of the role of the material world in a spiritual life;
- The effort and thought needed to find joy in a career;
- The distinctive inspirational value of The Fountainhead’s portrayal of career;
- Rand’s rejection of unearned guilt;
- Her condemnation of the idea of original sin;
- The connection between unearned guilt and altruism;
- Rand’s view that the pursuit of happiness is a moral endeavor;
- The dedication required to truly pursue happiness;
- Rand’s view of what we owe each other;
- How to overcome unearned guilt induced by conventional morality.
The podcast was recorded on February 2, 2022. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.