In this episode of New Ideal Live, Keith Lockitch and Elan Journo discuss how the film Don’t Look Up fuels “climate anxiety.”
Among the topics covered:
- “Climate anxiety” and its consequences for young people especially;
- The distortion of science by climate change activists;
- The satirical premise of Don’t Look Up;
- The dishonest parallels between the story and the climate change controversy in reality;
- How climate change distortions spawn “climate anxiety”;
- The importance of looking at the full context when assessing the consequences of climate change;
- Don’t Look Up’s attack on businessmen;
- The philosophic themes of environmentalism.
Mentioned in the discussion are Ayn Rand’s essay “The Anti-Industrial Revolution,” Keith Lockitch’s article “Industrial Capitalism Protects Us from Climate-Related Risks,” Alex Epstein’s forthcoming book Fossil Future and his website EnergyTalkingPoints.com.
This episode was recorded on February 23, 2022. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch previous episodes here.