In this episode of New Ideal Live, Elan Journo and Nikos Sotirakopoulos discuss the movements and regimes which have sought to destroy Israel since its founding seventy-five years ago.
Among the topics covered:
- How to study history objectively;
- How the conflict started, and the motives of the Arab countries that invaded Israel in 1948;
- The rise of Pan-Arabism and the Six-Day War;
- The rise of the Palestinian movement, including its debt to communist ideology and its terroristic tactics;
- Why the Palestinian movement gained international sympathy;
- The rise of the Islamist movement;
- How a hostility to human life and freedom animated all these movements;
- Why we should support Israel.
Mentioned in the discussion is the book What Justice Demands: America and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.
This episode was recorded on June 8, 2023. Listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch previous episodes here.