In this episode of New Ideal Live, Elan Journo and Ben Bayer discuss the real meaning of Thanksgiving and the many things we should be thankful for, even during this grim and challenging year.
Among the topics covered:
- The history of Thanksgiving as a religious holiday, and how a secular meaning can be abstracted from it;
- Why we should recognize and thank healthcare professionals, scientists and entrepreneurs who have made our lives radically better, especially during a pandemic;
- Why it’s unjust that so many people take these creators for granted;
- Why it’s important to recognize the real value producers and express gratitude for their achievements;
- The significance of Ayn Rand’s “benevolent universe” premise.
A special thanks to our donors who make this podcast and other ARI products and programs possible.
This podcast was recorded on November 24, 2020. Watch or listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived podcasts here.