Just in time for holiday giving, Illuminating Ayn Rand is available through Amazon. This new book collects essays from New Ideal that highlight little-discussed yet interesting facets of Ayn Rand’s life and work.
Elan Journo and I coedited the book, and other contributors include Michael S. Berliner, Jeff Britting, Keith Lockitch, Shoshana Milgram, and the late Mary Ann Sures.
- “How Music Saved a Life: Ayn Rand and Operetta” by Michael S. Berliner
- “Ayn Rand, Columnist: The Los Angeles Times Experiment” by Tom Bowden
- “Handwritten Notes and Drafts for Atlas Shrugged” by Jeff Britting
- “‘Capitalism’: When and How Ayn Rand Embraced the Term” by Shoshana Milgram
- “Taking Ideas Seriously: Ayn Rand’s Editorial Precision” by Tom Bowden
- “Ayn Rand’s Musical Biography” by Michael S. Berliner
- “Why Rand Was Right to Testify Against Hollywood Communism” by Elan Journo
The book also features a variety of illustrations drawn from the Ayn Rand Archives, whose resources supplied the research foundation for most of the collected essays.
Ayn Rand’s handwritten manuscript: “My Musical Biography”
(Copyright Leonard Peikoff; Ayn Rand Archives)