On the final installment of New Ideal Live’s three-part analysis of the Biden administration agenda, Ben Bayer and Keith Lockitch discuss, from a philosophical perspective, the environmental and energy agenda of the upcoming administration.
Among the topics covered:
- Whether climate change poses an existential threat;
- Why we need industrial capitalism to deal with real climate vulnerability;
- Why Biden’s alternative energy plan is impractical and threatens progress;
- What environmentalists’ opposition to nuclear and even solar energy reveals about their real motivation;
- The devastating impacts of a dramatic reduction in carbon emissions;
- Why government “investment” in energy doesn’t incentivize innovation but hampers it;
- The anti-life philosophical ideas that drive Biden’s energy and environmental agendas.
Mentioned in the discussion are Keith Lockitch’s articles “Pandemic Exposes the Reality of a Low-Carbon Economy,” “The Green New Deal: A War Against Energy,” and “Climate Vulnerability And The Indispensable Value Of Industrial Capitalism.” Also mentioned are Ayn Rand’s “The Anti-Industrial Revolution,” “The Left: Old and New,” and “Egalitarianism and Inflation.” This podcast was recorded on December 23, 2020.