In this episode of New Ideal Live, Elan Journo interviews Dr. Amesh Adalja, a well-known expert on pandemic preparedness, about the newly developed Covid-19 vaccines and other updates about the pandemic.
Among the topics covered:
- News about current infection rates, and the outlook for the coming months;
- How the data on effectiveness of the new vaccines are interpreted by experts;
- What vaccine “efficacy” means;
- The differences we can expect between vaccine trial results and real-world results;
- Anticipated challenges to the vaccines’ rollout;
- What is new and different about mRNA vaccines;
- The level of vaccination we’ll need to go back to pre-pandemic normal life.
This podcast was recorded on December 3, 2020. Watch or listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived web episodes here.