In this episode of New Ideal Live, Elan Journo interviews Dr. Amesh Adalja, a well-known expert on pandemic preparedness, about the Covid-19 vaccine rollout and other pandemic updates.
Among other topics, they cover:
- The level of vaccination needed to reduce the spread of the virus;
- The bottlenecks in vaccine distribution;
- The role of technology and innovation in the successes of the vaccine rollout;
- Whether using vaccination priority groups is good strategy;
- The new variants of the virus and what they mean for vaccination and testing;
- The science about children and Covid: vaccines and schools;
- The Russian vaccine Sputnik V;
- Whether people previously infected with Covid need the vaccine;
- The declining case, death and testing positivity rates;
- The vaccines’ effectiveness in maintaining immunity and preventing transmission;
- Whether proof of vaccination will be required for various activities;
- The level of vaccination needed to achieve herd immunity.
This podcast was recorded on February 19, 2021. Watch or listen to the discussion below. Listen and subscribe from your mobile device on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. Watch archived web episodes here.